From:
"Changhsu P. Liu" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 10:35:54 -0800
I have a USB Microsoft optical mouse works intermittently. It always works
when the computer first starts or is rebooted, but I would lose control of
it in the middle of my work. I have a separate mouse (which always works)
connected to the mouse port. So when this happens, I switch to the basic
mouse. Sometimes, I notice I can regain the control of the optical mouse
sometimes and it would stop working for no apparent reason after a while.
It goes like this on and on.

There are a few phenomena associated with this problem:
1) No matter what system I use (Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP), it acts
the same way.
2) It does not matter whether I install the most current MS mouse driver.
It behaves the same way.
3) The optical mouse is less sensitive than the regular one. It does not
move as smoothly and does not select things easily as the regular one.
4) It does not have all these problems when I first had it over or around a
year ago.

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Changhsu Liu