From:
Pinelands <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 23:33:00 +0200
Hi

I am running a smallish network, most of the PC's are 486's and about 5
pentium MMX's that conme to about 23 machines. I am at the moment running
Novel, Win 3.11, Pegasus mail. Each user has about 5mb's of space for their
files etc.. There is also a "Mail Sever" where all the mail is kept until
6pm each nite and then it is uploaded and downloaded and then directed to
each user.
I am having some trouble in that the network is in a complete shambles but
unfortunatly I have a *VERY* limited budget.

I have though about an intranet but I am conceerned that, that may be
expensive and the 486's tend to battle even with Netscape Navigator 2.

Any other ideas to get it running more effectiently would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin Hains
Cape Town
South Africa
Http://users.lia.net/hains
Http://www.ct.lia.net
Never Fight with a Dragon for thou art crunchy and goest well with cheese