From:
Artmicro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 08:31:23 -0500
--
>Let me rephrase the above statement since it appears I was not very clear
the
>first time.

Yes, I guess so

>Yes the only way to overclock the Celeron is to change the Front side Bus
>100MHz. This is not really overclocking the bus since the bus is rated and
>supports 100MHz, what is being overclocked is the CPU.

I think the phrase "overclock the Celeron" would suggest that.....

>> which includes the memory.....

>Not really if the RAM is rated PC-100.

Which is exactly the point being made.....

>> The Multiplier
>> is locked, so to get 450, you change the FSB from 66mhz to 100mhz.....so,
>> indeed, memory is a concern,
>
>No concern at all if it's PC-100, doesn't have to be an exotic brand or
spec.

your point was ram wasnt important, the correction stated as such.....

>> although there are many reports of success with
>> high-quality 66mhz ram, since they are capabable to faster speeds.....
>
>With the Celeron I feel the weight falls on the CPU, not so much on the
rest of
>the components, except for the mainboard, as always, that's got to be top
notch.

Here is where the biggest mistake may be made.....The CPU core is the same
as a PII 450, so it is debateable if this is pushing the core of the CPU
whatsoever......

David Olds

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html