From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 17:27:34 -0400
Hi,

Check the BIOS of the main board.  Make sure the "C" drive is the
correct drive listed.
If the board will do a hard set for the drive rather than "auto detect",
select the hard settings, and turn all other ports to none if not in
use.

Check for the drive cables to be firmly attached and not slightly pulled
off.

Also check advanced setting and change from "c" only to C,cd-rom,A and
then you can
possible boot to do diagnostics from eithe of those.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

====================

At work I have a computer with five hard drives.  Drive C was connected
to the motherboard along with the ROM drive.  The other four data hard
drives (160MB) each were connected to an adaptec card.  I connected
another hard drive to the motherboard to see what was on it, but I think
I forgot to switch the master slave configuration.  The computer booted
fine, but when I turned off the computer and restarted later on, an
error message read "No operating system found".  Now, the only way I can
get the C-Drive to boot is if I unplug all the other hard drives and
plug the C drive into the adaptec card.  No other configuration seems to
work.  Are there any thoughts on how I can get the computer to recognize
the C drive as the one with the operating system with multiple hard
drives installed?  I have windows 2000, 2GB RAM, and 2.4 GHz processor.
Thanks. Bret

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml