From:
"Paul%20A.%20Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2010 18:18:53 +0000
Greetings--

Perhaps you've already tried this, but sometimes the BIOS of the motherboard is not properly set up to recognize USB devices prior to the computer loading the operating system.  When your computer starts, press the Del key (or whatever key allows you to set the hardware settings available in the BIOS or CMOS setup area), then look through the various screens for USB settings and see that they are all enabled.  It could be something as simple as this.  One that comes to mind is "legacy USB" - enabled/disabled.  Even something like this should probably be enabled in order for the USB transmitter to be recognized.

HTH

Paul A. Shippert

1