Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 22:09:03 +1000
Hi everybody,

Has anyone else experienced problem with gigabyte GA-6VA7+ mobo? I have ordered some 6VA7+ mobo, however none of them are trouble free.
Here is the problem:
The computer won't shut down (ATX power)! whenever shutdown, there is always a flash on top-left of screen, seems like video is still on.
I have loaded latest VIA 4in1 driver and win98SE patch. there is one mobo that when I load win98 and tested it, it was shutdown okay, but short after the customer took machine away, the machine played same trick - no shutdown again. anyone has any similar experience and what is your solution?
I called gigabyte for the problem, first they blame Intel for CPU issue (they said this problem only happen on Celeron CPU, but it doesn't work on P3 CPU either to me), then they blame me for not install the software properly.
For me, I have used MSI-6309 which is based on same VIA chip without any problem (with VIA 4in1 driver v4.23), only GA board couldn't shutdown.
i'm ready to return all gigabyte, and never ever deal with them again.

Here is what I did:
Fresh load win98se (format) -> load latest VIA 4in1 driver ->load MS patches -> load latest nVidia reference driver for AGP video.
I double-double-double checked all settings in BIOS, also check the BIOS version which record by gigabyte should not have problem.

I'm looking forward for any solution on this matter.

Sincerely

Jun Qian

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org