From:
Jacob Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2014 14:29:15 -0500
Thanks for the advice. I might try using my boot disk for repair, but I think that I've already tried that. My main issue is bugginess from a worn down registry. Restore points are not an option; I did not create one before causing the issue (and all others were deleted). Operationally, it's pretty fast most of the time, but startup and shutdown take a while. I've minimized the startup services and applications. The partition mess is annoying. I recently uninstalled some things, which caused more problems, until I reverted.

Sincerely,
Jacob Smith

> On May 15, 2014, at 12:46 PM, Dave Thompson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> I would try some other things before I "throw the baby out with the bathwater".
>
> Uninstall unnecessary programs that you can re-install from disc or the net.  You can install them later and repairs/cleaning will take less time.
>
> Try repairing Windows from your install or restore disc.
>
> Do you use any kind of cleaner after your web sessions?  e.g., SlimCleaner, CCleaner or even Glary?  SlimCleaner is MS certified.  This step will stop you from having problems, but may actually repair some of the damages.

                          PCSOFT's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>