From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 05:03:24 -0400
The files and settings Transfer wizard will do the job. This may take a
while depending on the size of the files. You will need to reinstall the
applications on the new computer.
See XP Help under "Transfer Files". Dell indicates that the 4550 comes with
integrated ethernet:
http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/dim4550/specs.htm#1101572
I've installed burners in several Dell Computers with no problem-You can
find Dell's instructions here: (About two-thirds down the page)
http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/dim4550/replace.htm#1153398
I suggest you start over, following the instructions carefully.
**************************************

Using the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
The Files and Settings Transfer Wizard helps you move your data files and
personal settings from your old computer to your new one, without having to
go through much of the same configuration you did with your old computer.
For example, you can take your personal display properties, folder and
taskbar options, and Internet browser and mail settings from your old
computer and place them on the new one. The wizard will also move specific
files or entire folders, such as My Documents, My Pictures, and Favorites.
**************
Listers, this may sound like an easy question for most of you, but it's
giving me a problem. I got a new Dell 4550 (2.2 ghz, 120GB, 512 Ram, Win XP
Pro) and I want to move files from my old Dell XPS 600 (Win 98 SE) to the
new one. It seems to be so basic that no one (or where) says exactly how to
accomplish this. I got a new networking cable thinking I could hook one to
the other, but there's no place to plug it on the Dell Xps, just a USB 1
outlet.  I got a CD-RW(Artec 52x 24x 52x) to install in the XPS, thinking I
could burn the files and then download to the new one, but I can't get the
system to recognize it. The Installation instructions were not very explicit
but I think I got it in right

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml