From:
Gary W South <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 21:15:41 EDT
I have a friend who has a Compaq that is only 3 months old. After the monitor
is off for awhile, when it is turned back on her screen is shrunk. The top
and bottom both show about an inch of black. It can be adjusted so it fills
the screen but it will often happen again if the monitor is turned off and
back on. This only started happening about a week ago and doesn't happen
every time but it does occur fairly often.   Would this most likely be a bad
monitor or possibly a bad video driver? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

System specs are

Windows Me
AMD Duron 850
128 MB of Ram
I am not 100% sure but I believe Video RAM is shared from regular RAM

TIA
Gary South