From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 05:55:36 -0400
  "All three of my My Pictures have exactly the same path..."
Not to belabor this point, but if they have the same path, they are the
same folder. This is not a mirror (Duplicate).
Check the properties of the top folder-mine clearly states that it's a
shortcut.
My PC has a single user, but it's networked with several others.
The default users are:Default user, All Users and Owner (This is my
logon name).

Carol wrote:
>> There is no mirroring that I know of.
>> Each user has his/her own My Docs under Docs and Settings to keep
>> different user's files separate.
>
> I think I've figured it out.   It's because of how our individual systems
> are set up.  I have no other users.  You probably do, by what you're
> saying.
> My name doesn't even appear in the path like others on the List are talking
> about.  The path for the folder My Pictures on my system in My Documents at
> the top is:
> C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents.  All three of my My Pictures
> have exactly the same path, and that's evidently because I'm the only user.
> However, the one I am going to delete has the simple path:
> C:\
>
> Although I've understood full paths since the early 80s, your comments
> helped me to realize that the one extra My Pictures has the simple path of
> C:\, and therefore I'm now sure that it's not going to mess with the
> mirroring of the others, if I delete it.  There is indeed mirroring
> involved
> if there are no users set up.  My niece and I compared notes on the phone
> the other night.  She was saving a document in one and all three folders
> changed, just like mine have all changed to show exactly the same pictures
> in them.  (Except the one, which is only C:\.)  Makes sense when you think
> about it from the standpoint that there are no other users using the other
> user folders.  I'm sure it was meant to be this way, and hopefully, we've
> all learned something here.
> Thanks,
> Carol Hanson
>
>                         PCBUILD's List Owners: