From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 22:54:12 -0400
Ralph, How much data are you talking about?

Tom, Good idea, but there were three types of IOmega ZipDrives.

It might be as simple as asking around and borrowing a USB
ZipDrive in good condition.    250M disks need a 250M drive.
The 100M and 250M disks both work in a 250M drive.

Note that IF the ZipDisk media files were password protected
by the Iomega program (using the drive firmware), the IOmega
program will need to be installed wherever the reading will b
done, or the disks will not be accessible. IIRC, with password
protectuion and no "decoding" software, the disks will (may?)
appear to be blank.
WITH the program and the wrong password, the choice is to reformat
to gain access to a NOW BLANK disk.

PS: I liked LS-120 drives two.

Rick Glazier

From: "Tom Mayer SC"
clipped
> However, your basic issue is getting files from a Zip drive on your
> desktop to a CD drive on your laptop. The easy way is to buy an IDE to
> USB Adapter with power supply. Amazon has numerous devices from $3.36 on
> up (as an example). Take your Zip drive out of the desktop and using the
> adapter hook it up to a USB port on your laptop. Then transfer the files.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com