From:
Richard Kraft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:07:46 -0500
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:18:50 EST, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>I have an 80 GB harddrive running Windows XP home. I got a pop up message
>saying the C drive was almost full. I checked the C drive and it shows only 15.5
>GB total size and only 193 MB free. It lists file system as FAT32. But I also
>have a D drive that lists 58.8 GB of free space. The file system on the D
>drive is NTFS. Is there a way to transfer  some of the free space from the D to
>the C drive  or can I store some of my C drive files on the D drive with
>different file systems?
>
>TIA
>
>Gary South

If I read your question correctly, you can't transfer free space from one drive to another, but you can transfer files very easily from one drive to another.  Assuming your drives are set up correctly, one way is from Windows Explorer.  Select the file or folder to transfer and under Edit, click the option "Move to Folder" and select your destination on the other drive.  What I did in a similar situation is move the large files, such as music, videos and pictures to the other drive, but kept all my programs on the C drive.  If you have a lot of text documents, you can move them as well.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml