From:
Joel W Bluning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 01:49:25 -0500
Dear Changhsu and List

If you want to sync several computers to one server you can do the
following (first seen in PCWorld):
1) assign one computer as the time server. This machine should be booted
first or always on. Use any means such as atomtime or a freeware program
form PrimaSoft PC (WWW.Primasoft.com) called Datetime.

2)Creat a shortcut on the desktop of each client machine (rightclick on
desktop>new>create shortcut)

3) on the command line of the new shortcut type the line:

    C:\WINDOWS\NET.EXE TIME \\Servername /SET /YES

    Where "windows" is the directory where your 95/98/NT is located,
    and Servername is the name of the computer you selected as the
    time server. observe the spaces in the command line.

4) in the startup directory space type the same name as above for your
windows directory name

5) select "close on exit and "start minimized"

6) you can place a copy of this shortcut in your startup folder and it
will sync the time whenever you boot up the client; you can also leave
the copy on the desktop to sync the time manually by double clicking it.

HTH

Joel Bluming

>On 9 Feb 99, at 13:57, Changhsu P. Liu wrote:
>
>> I cannot use atomtime to check time since I'm behind the company
>> firewall. AtomTime generates error message a lot when checking time
>> behind firewall.
>
>  This probably means that AtomTime is trying to connect directly
>from
>each PC to the "atomic clock" time server.  Depending on the type of
>firewall, this may require installation of "proxy" software on the
>firewall.
>  Your corporate MIS department may be slightly more receptive to the
>idea of installing a proxy if its use is limited to a single machine,
>from which internal clients get their settings in turn.  If AtomTime
>won't let you point at some internal server to get the time from,
>there

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]