From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 10:04:24 -0600
At 02:11 AM 08/26/2000 , you wrote:
>I have a web page that is up and running.  It was build by a local computer
>guy.  He has up and moved  "gone"......he can't be found........and I don't
>have a "clue" as how to edit my web page.  It is a .com web page.
>I just need to know how to get to where I can edit it.
>
>Do you have any suggestions?  Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Willadean Jackson
>Sho Me Tours

Okay, you left out a great deal of information, such as the web address
and other points.  But, based on a hunch and your signature, I tried this URL:
http://www.shometours.com/    and found your email address listed on the page.

Then I quickly checked the code on the page and found this:

So your web site was created using Microsoft Frontpage and for someone
new to working on a web site this will make it easier for you to edit your
site.   If you have MS Frontpage, all you need is your USER name and
Password for the site.  Turn on Frontpage, have it OPEN WEB:
      http://shometours.com
Then use your USER name and Password to open the site.  You can
then freely edit the pages from within Frontpage.

If you do not have Frontpage, I recommend getting a copy as your site
has the Frontpage extensions, or so it seems.

If you do not have the USER name and Password, contact the web host.
Checking your domain name with a WHOIS lookup, your web host is:
   http://www.pwebtech.com/
You will find all the contact information for the host at the site, including
tech support numbers.

The rest of this thread should be now moved to PCSOFT, as it is OFF TOPIC
for PCBUILD.  Please do not post any more to this thread on PCBUILD.

     Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions