From:
"Dan W. King" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2008 20:56:08 -0600
Anne,

The laptop in question (indeed, almost ALL laptops) uses 200-pin memory
modules.  Since the maximum RAM for this model is, like you found, 1Gb,
you'll want two modules at 512Mb each.  Unfortunately, the existing 256Mb
must be "kicked to the curb."  You can use PC2700 or PC3200 RAM--the PC3200
will just automatically slow down to the lower frequency, but often it is
cheaper than PC2700, due to demand.

Shop around!  It's amazing to see the pricing variations from suppliers.
Don't worry much about brand, it is all good.  One way to make sure is to
order from Crucial.com, as they guarantee to provide the correct items for
your machine, and have a lifetime warranty.  No, I don't work for them and
use a multitude of brands in the PC's we build.

Best wishes,
Dan