From:
Kevin Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 19:43:11 -0400
After much research on the Dell site, I have found that the IRQ's are
assigned to the slots with no way to change them. So this leads to a new
question. I have three available PCI slots and three PCI cards. Currently
the USB and the NIC share IRQ 10 and the voodoo3 graphics card is alone with
IRQ 3. Will the graphics card work if sharing IRQ 10 with the NIC so that
the USB card can have IRQ 3 all to itself?

Kevin Weaver

"I had the same problem on my ABIT KA7 MOBO. Found that the BIOS set
proprietary IRQ's on the slots. AGP and the 1st slot were shared, 3 and 6, 4
and 5, etc. Try moving your cards around and see if that works. -Harry Mann"

"Who makes this motherboard? Model? ther should be an option to manually
assign IRQs.

Jose"

It is a Dell XPS P200s, so I am assuming the motherboard is Dell. It has AMI
BIOS version A04.

"The changes are great that the USB just gets his IRQ 10 again.. manual set
in the system properties can also not be done.. ??

--
Anne Meinema"

I can find no place to set IRQ's in the setup.

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com