Date:
Fri, 30 May 2008 18:54:26 EDT
I am collecting parts for a new build to handle intense gaming and 3D
applications. Though I won't be able to get the best ($600.00+ per card), I hope  to
do well in the $200.00 to 300.00 range. Probably will run an intel core two
duo initially perhaps upping to a quad at a later date (if this dosen't cause
problems with the OS). Will use XP though haven't decided on Home, Pro or
Media.

- My questions are what is the performance difference between Nvidia's  SLI
and Radeon"s Crossfire set-ups?

- Is there a great difference in the card's having GDDR2 memory as compared
to DDR2.

- Is the PCIe 2.0 a big leap over PCIe x16?

This will be a project that will start with one card only, adding the  second
as I can afford it. I am researching elseware online but trust the  opinions
found on this list as well as the "low-tech" answers.

Thanks,
-Phil-

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

                     support at our newest website: