From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 07:25:48 -0800
This sounds like a software problem to me. If the scanner works
initially but you can't run the software a second time, it would seem
that the software did not unload when you were through. What operating
system are you running? If it is Windows 2000 or XP then task manager
can show you what processes are running - try identifying and killing
the scanner software. If you have Win95/98/me, then you need a process
viewer - freeware. My favorite is named Process Viewer and is available
at http://www.prcview.com Why your software is not unloading properly is
a mystery, but it happens.

Good luck.

Peter
Peter Shkabara - Computer Science Instructor
Columbia College - 11600 Columbia College Drive - Sonora, CA 95370
(209) 588-5156 - [log in to unmask] - http://gocolumbia.org/pesh