From:
Michael Eisenstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:07:36 -0600
Before trying different slots for the 3 cards on the MB
to get a Boca Winmodem functioning in an Asus A7N8X-X
board, as advised in this forum, I need to ask for a bit
of additional help.

In another computer, which also has a USRobotics
Sportster 57k modem (hardware type, not a Winmodem)
installed (in an ISA slot), the Boca winmodem (functioning)
is assigned to COM3 & IRQ 5, the USRobotics to COM2 &
IRQ3.

But where is COM3 in the A7N8X-X. I can manually
assign a different IRQ to the Winmodem than that
automatically assigned through PnP in Control Panel/Modems,
but COM1 & COM2 are the only options , no COM3. Do
I need to disable PnP in the BIOS before reassigning IRQs?
Is there a preferred order of installing cards? Currently I only
have installed a PCI video card & an Intel video imput
card the latter functioning after a lot of fiddling. So I don't
want to move it to another slot. Should I?

Thanks in advance for any tips for these many questions.

Mike Eisenstadt

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml