From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:10:58 -0400
Hi,

I don't have a solution for you on this, but a question.  If this is a
networked printer, which it sounds like it may be, wouldn't the network
administrator be able to set up limits and warnings to do this with out
an additional software package purchase?

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

======================
Subject: [PCBUILD] Printer access

I am posting to PCBUILD because this is related to the OS. Our school
library would like a program that will monitor the number of pages that
are being sent to a printer. If too many pages (say more than 5) are
being sent, a warning message would come up and the user would confirm
the print job. It may be ok to have the popup come up with each print
job giving the number of pages to be printed and asking for
confirmation.'

The students are paying for each page, and when printing a web page, the
printing sometimes takes many pages of paper!

Thank you for any leads.

Peter

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com