Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 00:18:54 -0400
I'm sorry, I'm jumping inthe middle of a conversation here.  I believe your
original problem was your video using the standard 16-bit color, right?

If your video is the problem, you can load you hi-res color video driver
using the CD that came with the mobo.  It is a green colored CD (we always
call this as driver CD).
1.  Boot up your system.
2.  At desktop, load the ECS driver CD and let the autorun bring it up.
3.  When the the ECS desktop comes up, click on "Set up."
4.  After the program evaluates your system, another choice box (menu) will
come up.
5.  Go through the menu.  It will list down something like...System;
Modem/LAN, Video, etc.
6.  If you don't have any other problem with your system, only click the
Video box, and proceed as instructed.  I believe your model is using one of
the inVIDIA's GeForce2 driver.
7.  After the video driver is loaded, Quit the CD, return to your windows
desktop and do a Restart.
8.  After re-starting, your system now loads your video driver.  You can
then adjust your resolution to I believe, 32 bit was the highest on the
list.

(By the way, I am assuming here that you are using your built-in VGA video
port.  If you are using a separate video card, ignore this instruction.
This won't help you a bit.)

Good Luck
Emie DelRosario