From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 21:35:27 -0400
I appreciate all the comments and discussions about repair cost vs
replacement cost,  However, I am familiar with the concept of
diminishing returns on investment; AND, as you can see below,
that was not what I asked.

I don't mean to be rude to those of you who may wish to discuss
theory, but please respect my need for pertinent information and
use an IS:  WAS:  subject line to spin that off into a
separate discussion.

My question was about the reliability of one particular machine.
I am seeking comments from those with practical, hands on,
experience with the LaserJet 6 series.

Basically I have a machine with VERY low usage (I would guess under
2,000 pages) that has failed in less than 14 months of use.

If this is typical of the life expectancy for this model, then
it would be foolish to sink more money into the machine.  But if
we just had "the luck of the draw" and got a lemon, then maybe repair
would produce a machine with a longer life.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting     Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol   International Webmasters Association
=====

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**