From:
Brad Feuerhelm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2008 19:57:38 -0500
Hi All,

Found the problem!

Had to install Forceware Drivers (Nvidia) on the Games side.
As the Asus drivers was the problem.
Confused as to why! But problem solved!
So now install Asus drivers on the NON games side.
Forceware drivers on Games side.
Not sure if part of problem is dual booting or not.

Thanks to M and all who helped.

Brad Feuerhelm

Here's my problem.

I just did a reformat and reinstall of my machine.

Machine = 2.4ghz Intel CPU, Asus p4sdx motherboard, 1-gig crucial
ballistix memory, Asus Geforce 7600GT video card, 2- WD 80 gig HD's, and
1-60gig Hitachi HD. XP Svc. pk 2 updated to this last Tuesday updates.
All Drivers and the bios updated. Running standard Windows Media Player
9 (WMP) and updates.

The problem is that any video I play whether wmv, mpeg or others won't
play. Says loading media but that's as far as I get. WMP goes into 100%
CPU usage. I have to go into task manager and end process to clear
problem. Also my games i.e. Tiger woods 2005 and 2007 won't play opening
sequences. I have to ctrl-alt-del then cancel to get into games. After
that games run just fine. This problem only seems to rear it's ugly head
when I try to run videos.

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads