From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 09:52:54 -0400
I've had trouble getting some drives to "talk to the system" as a slave.
I would not try to boot from or run the system from the old (Win3.11) drive
AND write to the new drive (if FAT32??) since that would not work...
Since this is a DOS program you want to move, it should be possible
to just copy """all""" its files to the new system.
I would suggest jumping both drives as standalone, one on each of the
two IDE channels, and forget the CD-ROMS, Zips, etc., for the time being.
I would boot from the new drive and get the program running from there,
and then put the system back to the finished configuration.
PS: I never had to move a DOS program like this, so there may be some
unforeseen problems with .ini files etc. You may have to re-install the program
to the new drive, test it, figure out where it stores its DATA and move that
over -- (as if it were acting like a Windows program.)
   Good luck, and let the list know how you make out.  Rick Glazier