Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 02:33:14 +1000
If you are running win98/95:
Right click on "my computer", click "device manager", double click "computer",
there you go, you can see if there is an IRQ free.
I think you will see there is no free IRQ left, but as you can see, IRQ is able
to be shared (some devices don't like to share IRQ with others, some do). Even
you don't have free IRQ left, there should be no problem to add an exteral modem
(it uses IRQ for com port which it attached to), just be careful with internal
modem, you should not go for a "soft modem" or "Win Modem" in this
configuration. Hardware based modem does not mess up your system and they can be
removed easily.

Jun Qian