From:
Anthony Garvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 23:34:20 -0400
If your computer is fast enough - try turning off the spooler.  Without a spooler, return of control to your foreground applications
may be slowed a bit, but you may find that you hardly notice.  Go to My Computer/Printers/ and adjust the properties of your printer
Properties/Details/Spool Settings...click the Radio Button that says "Print directly to the printer" ...no more spooler, no more
spool32 errors.  You can always re-enable the spooler for big jobs or for special situations.

> I have a system that continues to report a spool32 error in Kernel module.
> Primarily after a print job has been sent from Microsoft Excel or Word. It
> also occurs (periodically) when running Outlook 98. The system OS is Windows
> 98 2nd Edition.
>
> Microsoft Technet and the online Knowledge Base suggest that anti-virus
> programs can potentially cause this when they are set in the "autoexec.bat".
> I though this to be true because McAfee did load a driver there. It further
> suggests to remove these drivers, as well as other drivers to help correct
> the problem.
>
> After using the suggested trouble-shooting procedures, the error still
> occurrs.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html