From:
Susan Hays <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 May 1999 21:12:50 EDT
In a message dated 5/15/99 7:40:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< The APC Back-UPS Pro 650 or the OPTI-UPS PowerES 650 would be great
 for a Pentium II system and monitor. You should get at least 5 minutes
 of run time on battery. Both the APC and the OPTI-UPS models include
 software to shutdown your system in the event of a power failure and
 a serial cable to connect the UPS and the computer. (Note that APC also
 makes "Back-UPS" models...note the lack of PRO in the name...which may
 not include software or a serial cable.) These devices also protect
 your system from overvoltage, surges, sags, and any other damaging
 power conditions.

 "NECX Direct" sells both the OPTI-UPS POWERES 650 and the APC Back-UPS
 650 for almost exactly the same price ($229 plus $20 shipping).

http://necxdirect.necx.com:8002/cgi-bin/auth/:guest/simple_q?cifilelnk=0001452

So you are saying that the back-ups do work and definitely worth the
investment?
When I started talking about purchasing one, I got some pretty opposite
opinions on them.  Some said that they were great and others said that they
did not do the job they were advertised to do.  So I was just checking to be
sure.  Thanks so much for your information.

Susan Hays

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com