From:
Terrence Nolley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 22:26:32 -0400
Hello readers,

    I recently upgraded a PC from Windows 98 to Windows 2000
professional in a Windows 2000 Server environment .  After the upgrade,
everything appears to be working properly, except MS Outlook 2002 and MS
Word 2002.  When attempting to launch these applications, I'm prompted
with a "Windows Installer Dialogue Box"  followed by this message:  "You
must be the Administrator or approved by the Administrator to install
this application"  After clicking OK a couple of times, both
applications completely launch but once I close the applications and
re-launch them I receive the same message that refers to needing to be
the Administrator or approved by the Administrator...  Under the Windows
98 Operating System, all users were able to logon to the network and
launch any applications with no problems from this one workstation.
I've tried logging as the local administrator for this particular
machine and launching the applications in question.  But I still receive
the same reoccurring message, when logged on as a regular user.
Any thoughts.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>