From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 14:36:04 -0700
Graham wrote:

I have an Epson Stylus colour 600 and I have one  black jet
blocked.
No amount of cleaning will clear it. Tried two new black
cartridges but it's
still blocked. Anyone any ideas - other than sending it back for
repair -  it's out of warranty now I'm afraid!

Dear Graham:
The situation you have is not uncommon for some printers and if
you will go to this sight,
http://www.epson.com/support/instans/468cln.html it will explain
more about cleaning the heads. There are several procedures that
I feel you should follow. One, Do not use any type of tissue.
This will only makes things worse. Tissue will break down and
could get into every jet rendering your printer useless.

Any type of solvent may craze the plastic and as above, you're in
a worse fix than you are not.

You could go get it fixed but it is my experience that most shops
will look at it for a fee. Usually around 100.00. That is about
half way to a new printer with a new warranty.

You may also Call Epson toll free depending upon where you live.
The toll free number I have is as follows, 1-800-Go Epson.
(800)463-7766

Within the software that came with the machine, I believe there
is an extensive trouble shooting guide as well as a diagnostic
program that will test and clean the heads.

I hope this has been of help to you. I know the feeling when
something breaks down when you need it.

If you have to or want to purchase a new printer, I would
recommend getting an extended warranty to go with it. Usually,
depending on whom you purchase it from, they will also provide
periodic preventive maintenance such as cleaning the innards.

I believe that Epson also sells repair manuals for those so
inclined and handy enough to d there own thing.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
http://www.handtech.com/com_asp/public/catalog/tcweb.asp?c_web_id=netTek

                                  -----