Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2008 18:45:06 GMT
OK. I did all that was suggested by Brian. Now when I go to Control Panel/Phone and Modem Options/Modems nothing shows up at all. It did not detect a modem when I restarted. No plug and play seems to be here either. I inserted the Toshiba Recovery disc and saw only "Toshiba Software Modem 21.22 (SM2122ALD05). I reinstalled this and still have no modem recognized. I know the phone line works because it works find when connected to my desktop computer.
What do I try now? Laurel Schmalz

Subject: modem problem

I have a Toshiba Satellite A-15 laptop running Windows XP with a 56 kbps=

modem. My software has become corrupted somehow and the modem says "not
attached." There is no port shown. I tried to reinstall with my original=

softward to no avail. How do I "reattach" my modem again so I can call o=
ut
on it? Thanks for the help and always-interesting infor I glean from thi=
newsletter. Laurel =