Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 17:22:42 -0300
From what you say, the sound card is not installed with Windows.  Is it an
onboard sound system or a add on card?  Most ESS systems I have seen are
onboard, that is to say the drivers are on the motherboard installation cd.
Sometimes you have to start the installation manually from the CD by looking
for the Sound\ESS directory and double click setup.exe.  You will be
instructed to reboot after installation.  Otherwise you will have to try
Windrivers.com or Driverguide.com to find the proper software.
Howard Rubin
Fortaleza, Brazil

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com