From:
Eric Rozner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 20:55:51 -0600
Hello-
        I've been running a home assembled AMD K6 233 PC for a while now.  I think
there is some problems though.  The system seems to react slowly,
especially when opening up some programs (ie- Adaptac EZ CD Creator,
Starcraft, Simcity300)  Basically what happens is I click on the icon and
the program doesn't start until 5-10 seconds later.  This doesn't happen to
all the programs but only ones that seem to rely on the processor heavily.
This is kind of irratating because I have a Intel 166 mmx system that makes
my AMD look kind of sluggish.  I also remember when I was installing some
software it ran a quick system test and reported it to the screen.  I
remember seeing that it reported that my computer had no Math Co-processor
installed... Is that right?  Here are my system specs

AMD K6 233
Diamond Viper PCI 16 mb V550 video card
Onboard Sound Blaster compatible sound
Onboard video (disabled through jumper settings)
Maxtor 6.4 Gig HDD (reasonably new)
KDS Plug and Play 14 " moniter (year or two old)
TX Pro chipset mobo
(specs here:  http://www.pcchips.com/m571.html)
32 mb SDRAM (10 or 12 ns)
Win98