From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:34:00 -0400
A much simpler solution would be to get memturbo, which will defrag and recover RAM in a single click.  I have had it on all 3 of my computers for about 2 years.  It is especially useful for people having a problem like yours, and for people who leave their computers running all the time.  You can have it run at startup or not.  I keep a shortcut on my quicklaunch bar in Win 98 SE and Win Me.  They have a 30 day download tryout, and last time I looked it was only $19.95 for a registered version.  Given the amount of time you may have to spend finding your problem, if you can, and paying yourself a minimum wage of $10 an hour, it will pay for itself in a couple of days.  Go to this URL: www.siliconprairie.com or www.memturbo.com.