From:
Kenneth Whyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2007 01:29:50 -0700
This has the stink of french-fried motherboard all over it. Look the
board over for blown capacitors, especially close to the CPU socket.
Caps will ooze goop through the top when they are bad. Second thing is
to strip the machine down to the bare essentials (CPU, mainboard, RAM,
and power supply) and see if the board will power up, much less POST.
That means no hard drives, CD drives, etcetera. Change the power supply
out for a known good and see if that impacts the issue. Friendly
reminder: do each change separately (such as changing out a part). If
you do two changes at once, you won't know which one helped (or hindered).