From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 19:46:07 -0500
At 09:30 3/11/99 -0500, Margie wrote:
>I still have a conflict between the sound and the cdrom which is "Adaptec.
>In device manager it says "Interrupt request 09 used by Ensoniq
>soundscape....." There seems to be a conflict on 10 with ensoniq, 11 with
>irq holder for pci steering and matrox mga mystique powerDesk and on 12
>with ps/2 compatible mouse port.
>       The scanner is working perfect and so is the sound card. Can't find
>drivers for the gameport joystick, that keeps coming up and wanting the
>win95 cdrom but of course I can't use it yet.

Hi Margie

This message was originally sent privately to <[log in to unmask]>
but *bounced* as "undeliverable: User unknown".

Could you tell me what kind of interface card your PD drive (the CDROM/PD
optical disk drive) is connected to? Look, for example, for a section in
Device Manager called "SCSI Controllers". If there is an entry there, you
may only need to reinstall (or update) your Adaptec SCSI card software
drivers.

Your CDROM is not Adaptec. This is the device that is controlling the
CDROM. It would help if we knew what model of Adaptec SCSI controller
you have.

I have three of these PD drives in my own computers. I had a similar
problem to yours (disappearing CDROM) happen once and I got it working
again simply by reinstalling the Adaptec drivers. (It is a SCSI PD drive,
right? There are also IDE PD models.)

Do not worry at all about "irq holder for pci steering". This is not a
problem. It is Window's way of saying that it changed the IRQs around
in order to get everything to work together.

I'm confused as to whether the Ensonic uses IRQ 10 and 11 or just one of
these. I would try and change the the IRQ used by the Ensonic to 5 and
something else if it needs another IRQ.

Is it possible that the PD drive is plugged into the Vivo sound card?
(Some Ensonic cards had connectors for CDROM drives...but I'm unfamiliar
with the Vivo90. If it is, there is an article at Microsoft with some
hints: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q131/4/99.asp
Do you have any documentation for your Ensonic Vivo or your Panasonic
PD drive?

Regards,
Bill

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]