From:
JM Sudela <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 10:39:28 -0500
I am upgrading an older HP Vectra PC with a new and larger (8gig) HDD & a
CDRomDrv. The BIOS recognizes the new HDD and the CDRomDrv. When I Boot from
either the BIOS or the Win98 startup disc I either get a blank screen or
command prompts to boot from the HDD or the CDRom.  As I have not installed
an OSS yet these options don't work. When I bypass these commands, I do see
the Win98 setup instructions being loaded from the start-up diskette,but
what really baffles me is that the startup diskette loads the RAM Drive to
"C"  NO other drives are shown as available.  When I try to SYS the "C"
drive I get a response that indicates that this is not an option.  Does
anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this?  I have re-formatted
the drive and re-partitioned it several times using the Win98 tools from the
Start-up, On Track's Disk Mgr.,and Maxtor's HDD installation software to no
avail!

Thanks in Advance!

Jim Sudela