From:
Dale <dlaluk@[142.27.26.24]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 08:17:01 +0000
That monitor used an interface cable between the analog port on the
back of the monitor and the video board you were using. The reason
for the interface cable was for if you were using Mac or VGA signals.
The monitor can use just a standard VGA board.  The company I used to
work for had a bin full of the various interface cables as they
actually sent two with every monitor. So possibly other computer
places still have some.

The RGB inputs were meant for a high end video board, that at the
time put out the info in RGB seperate cables.

The video connector would take in standard 1 Vp.p video signals like
from a VCR, Video camera (Security cameras0,etc.)

> More than likely you will want to use the 25-pin analog.  The coax
> connections are for RGB outputs like VTRs and other video devices.  If you
> have a 386, you might have an EGA or CGA video card which use 8-16pin(?)
> connections.  That monitor uses 25pin connections which is a VGA connection.
> I would suggest going out to a computer junk store and asking for an old VGA
> card (ISA) to use with that monitor.  Might cost about $0-$10 :)
>
> -Matt Green

Dale Laluk / [log in to unmask]
P.O. Box 308
Hudson's Hope, B.C. V0C 1V0