From:
Roger Griffiths <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:45:06 +1200
Sorry my intention was not to offend NT Users, more my complaint was that
shelling out a lot of money for an upgrade is not a good thing, particularly
since the upgrade is going to be built on to a questionably stable O/S like
'98. I would say however that NT and '98 do have there differences and at
the end of the day it comes down to what the User intends to use the O/S
for. Further - as stable as NT is, for the average User it may be difficult
to come to terms with the less intelligent O/S when trying to configure
peripherals. There was never any claim on my part that the luxury of a
non-crashing O/S should only be enjoyed by business folk.

You're comments are appreciated and I respect your point of view.

Regards Roger Griffiths.

> I don't really buy into the notion that windows nt is for
> 'business' users.  I know microsoft positions it that way,
> and prices it that way,  It's true that nt tends to be a
> little behind in terms of availability of certain video
> technologies, but that's much more a function of microsoft's
> marketing focus than of the os itself.

> > Windows ME has gone to press and should be available from
> > distributors in September. Win 2K Advanced Server, Server and
> > Professional are primarily for businesses, although there is an
> > upgrade available from Windows 98 to Win 2K Professional - I
> > don't recommend it.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html