From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:45:48 -0700
In order for a scanner to work across a LAN, your scanner must have Network
Drivers for the operating system you wish to work in.  Then the computer,
where the scanner is installed, becomes the Server, and the other computers
become the clients.  You leave the Scanner turned on, and server drivers
running, and you can use the scanner across the network. The key is the
drivers, which come from the scanner manufacturer. Not too many scanners
will have this kind of support.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com