From:
Tom Connolly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 06:18:46 EDT
Yes ,it can,
SCSI is a totally different set-up,since it,in a larger sense,operates as
one big system,connecting everything.SCSI is an entirely different interface
than the more popular IDE. It is more of a system level interface, meaning
that it does not only deal with disk drives. It is not a controller, like
IDE, but a separate bus that is hooked to the system bus via a host adapter.
A single SCSI bus can hold up to eight units, each with a different SCSI ID,
ranging from 0 to 7. The host adapter takes up one ID, leaving 7 ID's for
other hardware. SCSI hardware typically consists of hard drives, tape
drives, CD-ROMs and scanners.
I can't say that one cannot format the way you did,it depends on the set-up
per the manufacturures specs! I would only think that a different syntax is
used in addition to the typical format commands when performing a format of
just the HDD!SCSI HDDs are part(typically)of a larger set-up! I hope this
explains things.

Tom