Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:42:43 GMT
Thanks Larry. Now that I know the manual is wrong tht explains alot.
 However with a new battery I still lose the CMOS info after, I disconect the power supply. Does anyone have an idea, what this could be. I written every email address for ASUS, still no reply.
 Wayne

Wayne;
I did a quick web search and found this page :
http://www.lostcircuits.com/motherboard/asus_a7v266e/5.shtml
down the page under "other jumpers" it says that the manual is wrong
on the cmos jumper. the normal operating position is open.

<>< Larry Fisk
         Fisk Computers
           Fruitvale, Idaho