From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 06:22:02 -0400
At 05:22 AM 4/19/2000, Ding Marcelo wrote:
>My SCSI drive is now the boot drive and CD-ROM, CD-R & HP scanner
>now working except for the SCSI ZIP that is not functioning, just
>a lot of clicking and will not read. I used the Iomega diagnostic
>tool and it said "contact Iomega Corp. for support". I think is
>a defective unit and to return it.

Hi Ding

This sounds like the infamous "Click of Death".

You can find out more about this at <http://grc.com/codfaq1.htm>.
(I'm sure there are many places to read about the Click of Death,
but this website came to my mind because I own Steve Gibson's
Spinrite 5 disk utility. I'm not suggesting you should buy any
products here...it's just that I believe the information at
<http://grc.com/> to be accurate. (I myself don't have any Zip
drives.)

Glad you solved your boot problem with the Abit BE6 and your
Ultra2 SCSI drive.

Regards,
Bill

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,