From:
"Dave Desjarlais." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 21:35:28 -0500
I have had the exact same problem...what it turned out for me is the Win95b system was not logging on to the network at startup...If I restarted the Win95B system with the option "logon as another user" it would only  then logon to network and then see both systems...The other comment below in regards to workgroup and computer names needs also to be verified...this was also another reason I had problems....I believe I corrected the initial problem with the Win95b system not logging on at startup by editing the register entry "autologon' and replacing  the "00" value with "01'"

Eric wrote:

> >I have added NetBeui to the protocols with no change.I have  the irq set
> >on 9 which I have set in the cards eprom with the software utility.It is
> >the only irq open on the machine.I have also checked the I/O adress and
> >it is at 300-31f and was open.
> > The lmhosts file was written according to directions in the Win95
> >lmhosts file.I have tried it without the "#" and the #PRE with the same
> >results.This file worked originally before I rebuilt one of the
> >computers.
> >Thanks again
> >Mike Bridges
>
> Mike, have you tried checking the Workgroup and Computer names?  Remember
> the Workgroup name MUST be identical on both machines and the Computer names
> MUST be different.
>
> I have spent countless hours trying to get two machines to see each other,
> only to have this relatively simple error.
>
> To check the names, in case you don't know, go to Control Panel|Network then
> hit the Identification Tab.
>
> HTH
>
> Eric Greenberg
>
>             PCBUILD maintains many useful files for download
>               on our web site - visit our download page at:
>                      http://nospin.com/pc/files.html

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>