From:
Lewis C Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 18:32:57 -0500
Folks,

I've previously reported my lockup problems and have tried the
suggestions I've received from you helpful guys, but am still having
problems.

One thing:  When I run AdWare I'm able to quarantine every file except
for one in the directory _RESTORE\ARCHIVE - and I get a message that it
can be deleted at the next BootUp.  Somehow, I seem to get the same old
problem over and over.  A more knowlegeable guy said that I'd have to go
into the Registry and make changes there, but I'm deathly afraid of doing
anything there as I've seen warnings indicating tnat you're not to mess
with the Registry unless you know really what you're doing.  (and I, for
sure, don't)

I did look at the directory mentioned above and see over 15 Mbytes in
various files like FS----.CAB and another bunch like BKUPVXDLASTLOG.---.
I have no idea what these are and wonder if it's safe to delete all of
them?  If I did that maybe my lockup probnlems will go away - until the
next time.

Thanks,

Lewis Emerson

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: