Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 03:03:11 +0100
Ok, you've scanned for viruses and trojans, that was the most obvious thing,
and it's not that.
Personally, the computer I'm using at present has that occasional
colour-changing display you mention (which isn't supposed to happen), and
I'm sure that the fan on my graphics card probably needs either replacing or
cleaning once more, as it does tend to overheat occasionally.(probably due
to all the dust clogged up in it). Last time, I used the vaccum cleaner to
clean the card, and it worked a treat for ages, but this time that may not
work for me.
You don't mention which os you're using, but I'm a great fan of Norton
Utilities, and I often 'sort' my problems out with the diskdoctor,
systemcheck, and speeddisk, which is alot quicker than the usual windows
scandisk and defrag I've found.
I too have had the spontaneous reboots in the past running win98, and I
found that regular use of scans etc seem to help my system to run much more
smoothly.
Other than a software problem, it's got to be hardware really, hasn't it?
Personally, I'd go for software first, and scan regularly. You might find
there could be a bad sector or two on the hdd (hopefully not), but if there
is, the scan should mark it out.
I've tried to keep this as brief as possible, and I've gone for what I see
as the most obvious, but does anyone else have anymore suggestions?
I'm sure they would be welcomed.
Michele Sayer

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml