Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 07:13:03 +1200
Richard, what do the /NR and /IL switches do?

And does anyone know of some helpful switches for Fdisk? (I don't need a
geek list thanks -just a couple that other folk have actually tried and
found effective )

Incidentally, just for a change, I used MaxBlast 2.7 (a free utility from
Maxtor) to format a new disk in DOS.  There were a couple of differences to
the way it works with Fdisk - one is that it's a lot faster than Fdisk, and
also that it prompts you for a system startup disk, presumably to provide
the system files which would usually accompany Fdisk on most boot\format
disks.

However, there was no apparent difference in the final results - I did
several with MaxBlast and several with Fdisk, and all 4 accepted their W98
progamming without hitches or glitches.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys
Arrowtown