From:
"James A. Ritchie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 13:47:33 -0500
I've salvaged similar cartridges by sitting pouring
roughly half an inch of alcohol in a bowl and sitting
the cartridges in it.  Press down gently every couple
of minutes for about ten minutes or so.  Then dab dry
with a paper towel.  When you press the cartridges
against the paper towel you should see a bit of ink
flow out.

Dry the cartridges completely, place back in printer
and print two or three pages of something typed BOLD.

This clears up my cartridges most of the time.
Occasionally, they don't start printing perfectly for a
few hours, but usually the process is very quick.

James Ritchie