From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:16:42 -0800
The only way you will answer this is to swap out your video with another
one and it doesn't matter what kind..PCI ...AGP ...even ISA. But first
check your cable connections....particularly if you are using an extension
cable on the monitor. This sort of thing can happen from a bad connection
or if the monitor is placed too close to a magnetic field like a TV , an
unshielded speaker, or some other strong magnetic source. Another thing you
can try is to plug your monitor into another computer. If it works OK on
another computer then it's not the monitor.

Mark Rode
The NOSPIN Group

>Here is my problem. My 1 year old Hitachi SuperScan 753 19" Monitor has
>recently decided to get blurry. By this I mean I am getting a
>redish/purpulish "tinge" like a second character after the primary character
>in text or a second "ghost image" just to the right of graphics. Hitachi tech
>support told me it was probably the monitor and to send it in for warranty
>repair.  I wonder if it may be the video card?  Is there a way to isolate the
>problem between monitor and video card?  The problem seems to be intermittent.
>Jay Merritt

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>