From:
"Changhsu P. Liu" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 13:29:51 -0500
I did it recently with Mandrake 8.1. It appears much easier than it was before.

1) Download 3 CD images from mandrake. Create 3 CDs from them. You will
need the first 2 for installation.
2) I repartitioned my HD so I can have 3GB for Linux. You need to create 2
Linux partitions: one ext2, one swap. Depending on the total memory you
have, give swap 500MB or so. Some say twice of your physical memory; some
say it's not necessary to have too much if you have a lot memory.
3) Boot with Mandrake CD.
4) Follow the steps, it should find your linux partitions fine. There are a
few options, workstations, web servers, etc.. Choose everything, the total
space required is a little over 1GB.
5) You have 2 options for dual boot, one is to have it on your C:\ or have
it on floppy. I chose the latter. If I put the floppy in, it will boot to
Linux. If not, it boot to Windows.

That's my experience so far. I have not used much.

Changhsu Liu

>      I need to start learning how to use Linux and I was wanting to know
> can I install it on my Windows 98 SE computer and have a dual boot
> computer?  If so, how can I do it.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml