From:
"Hachmeyer, Mr. Paul S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:22:47 -0400
Either drive will show up in device manager, with an !.  When I click on properties tells me that it can't locate drivers ---  Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
Dell has a firmware flash update for the Samsung drive, for a different model pc (this is a Gx280, they have firmware under Gx270).  No drivers listed.
Neither drive shows up in My Computer, but we added a new hard drive which I think took over the cd/dvd drive designation. I haven't gone in to reassign a drive letter.  Could that be the issue?   Either drive does show up in device manager.
Paul Hachmeyer